Due to the ever-changing lending environment and sometimes complicated nature of particular loans, consulting with a mortgage advisor can give you another level of support during key financial steps of your property transaction.
For Bayleys Canterbury, the service is independently provided by Jonothan Corbett, Director and Head of Lending with the New Zealand Mortgage Company.
Jonothan works alongside the best breed of financial experts who are at the top of their industry and can provide you with the very best care and advice in the field.
Our Mortgage Service
Our mortgage advisory services cater all lending and debt restructuring needs across the banks and specialist lenders including residential homes, lifestyle and rural properties,‘as is’ properties, residential investments and holiday homes,bridging debt and consolidation and asset & invoice finance.
Why use a mortgage advisory service?
1) The service is free when using our advisor as the bank pays the commission. For specialist lending, there will be a fee included that will be fully transparent.
2) Our advisor will represent your very best interests in order to get you the best rates and most favourable terms and conditions. If for any reason your application was initially unsuccessful, our advisor can go to the other banks without you having to complete any extra forms (so making it a hassle-free experience for you).
3) Even if you already have funding available, our advisor can get you another bank offer that may be better, right up to the date of final settlement.
4) Our advisor is another key support person for you and will work closely with your other advisers such as your Bayleys real estate salesperson, accountant, solicitor, business broker, valuer and others.
5) Our advisor will never give up until every loan option has been tried.
6) After your loan has settled, our advisor will continue to guide you through your rate rollovers and we will continue to support you in the future.
Why should people go to a mortgage adviser?
Overseas, especially in the UK and Australia, the majority of people use mortgage advisors instead of going straight to a bank.
In New Zealand, currently around 40% of new bank loans are generated from mortgage advisers, and this is set to continue as the banks continue to invest heavily in their 3rd party banking arms because they want to work more with mortgage advisers.
Customers need help on getting the right advice on how to structure a loan as rules and regulations for borrowing seem to continually change and become more and more complicated. Hence, a mortgage advisor is another trusted adviser for them.
Are banks lending like they used to?
Banks and specialist lenders are more conservative nowadays which is a very good thing. They go through a comprehensive application process in order to make sure that the client can firstly afford the loan, and secondly that they will not be put in any undue stress throughout the life of the loan.
This is a far cry from previous years and is a direct affect from the Credit Crunch in 2007, leading to the GFC in 2008 and we’ve all heard about the subprime mortgage situation overseas.
What should a customer do if they want to speak with you?
By all means do give me a call anytime and I will be happy to help. I am a free service, as the bank pays my fee when the loan is successful and there are no hidden or built in fees and costs to the clients. When going through a specialist lender for more hybrid lending, there is a fee and this is discussed upfront so that there are no surprises, as no one likes that. It is just great to be able to help people get into their first home using their kiwisavers, or help them to buy a business or whatever they wish for in life.
Talk to our lending specialist today
Based out of the Bayleys Canterbury head office at 3 Deans Avenue, Christchurch but available to travel Canterbury-wide, Jonothan Corbett is available to discuss your mortgage and lending queries with you and your preferred Bayleys agent, independently and confidentially.
D: 03 375 4700 M: 021 575 626 W: nzmortgages.nz
What is Jonothans's zbackground?
I’m from Christchurch and have been working in financial services for over 15 years. I specialise in lending across all sectors including residential, commercial, businesses,rural and asset finance.
Before banking, I was an attack helicopter pilot in the British Army Air Corps. Slightly different from lending, I agree, but it has been a good grounding on how best to represent my clients to the banks!
With over 25 years in the Banking industry, I specialise in Residential and Business lending. I have an in depth knowledge of the finance industry and have access to a range of lending providers across all sectors . I am Christchurch based and have helped generations to buy, build and invest by matching the best finance solutions to client needs"
D: 03 375 4700 M: 027 20 20 270 E: firstname.lastname@example.org