Bayleys "This Is Us" Photo Competition
Enter for a chance to win monthly prize pool for the photographic section:
1st Prize $600, 2nd Prize $400, 3rd Prize $300
and single prize pool for the videos:
1st Prize $600, 2nd Prize $400, 3rd Prize $300
Categories for "This is Us" Competition
Matakana Coast is Auckland’s playground, located less than one hour north of the city centre, it is a friendly, vibrant place offering numerous experiences for our visitors to have an easy escape from their normal life.
Enjoy discovering our boutique artisan experiences, exploring our awesome bush, beaches and scenery and confirm why you live here or why you want to keep coming back.”
Enjoy discovering if you have not already our unique boutique artisan experiences, exploring our awesome bush,
beaches and scenery and confirm why you live here or why you want to keep coming back.
Matakana Coast Tourism is looking to develop a library of imagery and video content to utilise on our new website and in our marketing material to help promote what we have to offer. We are encouraging locals and visitors who are keen photographers to participate and submit images and video content under the five categories below.
Category A: Activities
The judges are looking for images that refer to both constructed and natural attractions that feature in the Matakana Coast region that both locals and visitors will visit when they are here. For example constructed attractions may include museums, buildings, animal parks and art galleries; natural attractions may include forests, beaches, sanctuaries, and estuaries.
Category B: Hidden Gems
The judges are looking for what you would consider are some of our hidden gems in the Matakana Coast region, where do you take your friends and family when they visit or what have you found in your time spent here. These places, activities or experiences are things you consider outstanding and typically not everyone knows about.
Category C: Outdoor (with nature, landscape, or wildlife)
The judges are looking for imagery that best showcases the outdoors of Matakana Coasts nature and wildlife in landscape images. Sweeping landscapes, and close-ups of flora and fauna both make great images, so be sure to look out for hidden opportunities and details while taking these shots.
Category D: Food and Beverage
The judges are looking for imagery of Food and Beverage that is recognizably Matakana Coast. Think “what do you suggest depicts this region?” Our region is full of amazing food and beverage experiences from fresh produce, wine, beer, fantastic restaurant/café to name just a food. Give us an image that jut want us “to dig in!”
Category E: Video Content
If pictures paint a thousand words, great videos help generate multiple returns to people’s website or social media platforms. The judges are looking for content that will help tell the story of Matakana Coast, telling the viewer why people live, visit and play here.
Terms and Conditions (Please read this thorougly.):
1. By entering the competition/promotion each entrant will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them
2. Failure to supply all requested personal information at the time of submitting an entry might result on the entry being invalid
3. No responsibility will be taken for late/lost/misdirected mail, incomplete entries, or entries with incorrect postage. Entries will be deemed to be void if stolen, forged, mutilated, or tampered with in any way.
4. PHOTO ENTRY FORMAT: Acceptable entries will be photo files from either digital cameras or smart phone cameras, or electronic scans must be uploaded to competitions website. No images supplied in hard copy will be accepted please
VIDEO ENTRY FORMAT: Acceptable entries will be provided in raw content on a USB stick Submissions must contain one video clip and an accompanying text. The submitted clips must be 45-60 seconds long. Submissions exceeding 60 seconds may be disqualified. Videos must be uploaded as one single file in the highest quality delivered to Bayley’s in the North – Warkworth office
5. Entrants can enter multiple photos across the four categories
6. Entrants can enter multiple videos across the one category
7. By entering the competition, winners agree to their names being published and to be photographed and/or interviewed by Mahurangi Matters and or the promoter, and the promoter may use their name and such photographs and/or interviews for publicity purposes.
8. Only entries received by the closing date specified for each category will be accepted, with all images needing to be taken in the area of Puhoi to Waipu
Category A Activities: – showcasing the various activities on option in the region to be submitted by 31st January 2021 by 5pm NZST
Category B Hidden Gems: - showcasing what you believe are the Hidden Gems of the region to be submitted by 28th February 2021 by 5pm NZST
Category C Outdoor (with nature, landscape, wildlife): - showcasing the vast landscape of the region with nature and wildlife to be submitted by the 31st March 2021 by 5 pm NZST
Category D Food and Beverage: - showcasing the wide Food and Beverage offering of the region from Restaurant, Cafes to fresh produce to be submitted by the 30th April 2021 by 5pm NZST
Category E Video: - Video content capturing what the region has on offer to be submitted by 28th February by 5pm NZST
9. By entering you agree that you will not upload any content which is illegal, defamatory, obscene, incites prejudice or hatred or which it is unlawful for you to possess or which it would be unlawful for us to use or to hold.
10. By entering you warrant (promise) that you are legally entitled to post the material in question and to grant to us the licence referred to in paragraph 11 below.
11. When you upload images or provide video content, you:
1. Grant to Matakana Coast Tourism and its partners an irremovable, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, publish, reproduce, distribute, produce derivative works of display, broadcast and perform the content in part or as a whole, in any media formats and through any media channels; and
2. You must have the permission of any individuals featured in the photo to enter it into the Bayleys “This is Us” Photo competition and they understand it is to be used for promotional material and subject to point 1.
12. The winners from each Category (A- E) will be decided upon by the Judging Panel and will be announced in Mahurangi Matters and contacted by email
13. The decision of the judges in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into
14. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable.
15. The promoters being ‘Bayleys in the North Real Estate, Matakana Coast Tourism and Mahurangi Matters’ reserve the right to refuse to exclude any person from participating in the promotion on reasonable grounds.
Bayleys Mahurangi - Contact us:
Address: 41 Queen Street, Warkworth 0910