• To watch video click on play arrow top right corner of photo
• Consistent annual sales exceeding $1.7m
• Produces over 80,000 timber posts annually
• Consented CCA H3-H5 timber treatment plant with spare capacity
• Includes Autoclave steam drier, saw mill, profiling and resizing machinery.
• Experienced staff proficient in running the plant
• Located in the lower North Island
• Freehold going concern with 4 hectares of land and buildings
• Exciting growth prospects
Located near Norsewood in southern Hawke's Bay, Ruahine Timber is a timber processing and treatment business that specialises in producing timber posts and provides contract timber processing. The business produces over 80,000 posts annually.
Machinery includes saw mill, post and pole peeling, planing, profiling and resizing timber. The business also includes an autoclave steamer and CCA chemical treatment plant. Very few timber treatment plants exist in the North Island and fewer still offer contract timber treatment services to other timber owners.
Due to the considerable costs and legislative obstacles in setting up timber treatment facilities, barriers to entry are significant. Demand for timber products is high from sectors including farming, horticulture and building and that demand continues to grow. Reprocessing timber rather than sending logs overseas is seen as a growth industry in New Zealand.
This opportunity will appeal to individuals or families who are looking for a business that can be scaled up relatively quickly through sales and marketing. Also corporate investors interested in either vertical or horizontal integration will see real value and opportunity in adding Ruahine Timber to their portfolio.
For more details please call.
Our agents are experts on all things in the property market, if you haven't found what you're looking for, please enquire with the listing agent now to have all of your property questions answered.
Contact us and have your questions answered.