National real estate agency Bayleys has topped the ‘medal tally’ at this year’s Real Estate Institute of New Zealand awards – with 16 finalists taking out seven awards.
With 16 finalists and seven winners – spread across three separate property sectors – Bayleys was the clear winner on the night. Headlining the accomplishments were three Bayleys salespeople who took out the ‘best in class’ awards in their respective real estate sectors – residential, commercial and industrial, and rural.
Bayleys took out top award in the categories of:
• Residential Salesperson of the Year – Highest Volume: Chris Jones, Bayleys Whalan and Partners Christchurch
• Residential Salesperson of the Year – Highest Gross Commission: Chris Jones, Bayleys Whalan and Partners Christchurch
• Commercial and Industrial Salesperson of the Year: Mike Houlker, Bayleys Auckland CBD
• Rural Salesperson of the Year: Ben Turner, Bayleys Whalan and Partners Christchurch
• Small Residential Office of the Year – Highest Gross Commission: Bayleys Mount Maunganui
• Medium Residential Office of the Year – Highest Gross Commission: Bayleys Real Estate Ponsonby
• Medium Rural Office of the Year: Bayleys Waikato Country, Hamilton
REINZ chief executive Bindi Norwell said that as always, there was a high calibre of entries in all of the categories Bayleys was competing in. The awards were held in Auckland on Friday August 25, and were attended by representatives from all the major real estate agencies. Harcourts and Barfoot & Thompson were runner-up agencies behind Bayleys in the overall number of finalists and category winners.
“Congratulations to all our winners for your achievements over the past 12 months – these accomplishments are something you can be extremely proud of. Thank you for helping to raise the bar of the real estate industry and for all your hard work,” Ms Norwell added.
In addition to the podium-placings, Bayleys was also a finalist in nine other categories. The Bayleys finalist nominees were:
• Residential Manager of the Year: Bernadette Morrison from Bayleys Ponsonby
• Office Administrator of the Year: Jean Sheville from Bayleys Whangarei
• Small Residential Office of the Year – Highest Gross Commission: Bayleys Wanaka
• Rural Salesperson of the Year: Mike Fraser Jones, Bayleys Hamilton
• Medium Commercial and Industrial Office of the Year: Bayleys Manukau
• Medium Rural office of the Year: Bayleys Tauranga
• Medium Agency of the Year (All Disciplines): the Success Realty franchise of Bayleys.
• Large Commercial and Industrial Office of the Year: Bayleys Auckland CBD and
• Large Agency of the Year (All Disciplines): Bayleys Auckland CBD
Proud Bayleys Real Estate managing director Mike Bayley said the REINZ accolades were justified acknowledgement of the outstanding work the brand and its people had achieved for their vendors over the past financial year.
“Hard work and commitment are the shared traits all our winners and finalists displayed – reflecting the hard work and commitment they put in on behalf of all their vendors,” Mr Bayley said.
“These awards add another dimension to the rock-solid marketing and sales platform Bayleys has built over four decades. But rest assured, we won’t be stopping there. There’s still a lot more work to be done for our vendors in all property sectors.
“It was also heartening to see that the REINZ awards exemplified Bayleys’ core competency of having sales and marketing experts in specialist property sectors -rather than ‘generalists’.”
Bayleys is New Zealand’s largest full-service real estate company – encompassing not only sales and marketing disciplines, but also property management and property operations advisory services. The brand has 1776 employees across 83 offices.