Why a design-build option is worth considering for your business
Getting the right industrial premises for your business is the key to operational success and sometimes, you need to bite the bullet and go for a purpose-built facility.
The day-to-day demands of running a business, managing staff, keeping a close eye on the bottom line and making sure that you’re well-positioned in the marketplace takes a considerable amount of time and energy.
Being able to hand over much of the design-build planning to professionals who know the market and the industrial sector inside-out, can streamline the process and ensure that you don’t lose sight of the operational side of your business while you navigate the road to a new base.
Bayleys Industrial has formalised its design-build and development services offering on the back of significant experience in the sector having been integrally-involved in the development of more than 600,000m2 of industrial property stock across the logistics, food grade, manufacturing, data centre and suburban office sectors.
Bayleys national director industrial Scott Campbell, says its model is based on an end-to-end consultative approach with in-house ability to configure bulk plans, undertake feasibility modelling and the writing of specifications for occupiers. The team can work in any market around the country.
So why should you consider a design-build industrial premises for your business?
• All sizes of business can benefit from leasing premises, rather than owning them
• A design-build facility where you become the tenant means you can invest capital in growing and evolving your business operations, rather than tying up dollars in bricks and mortar
• There’s more flexibility possible in leasing a property as opposed to owning – changes in your business model, changes in business ownership, changes in target markets, could all alter your physical property needs and you may not want to be hamstrung by needing to sell a property to advance your business
• You can pick a site that you know will work best for your business
• as the facility is designed to your unique specifications, you lease only the space you need – there’s no vacant or redundant space eating up money
• there’s greater efficiencies possible because your specific business requirements are catered for
• the design and finishes of the building will be in-line with your business branding and identity
What values does the Bayleys’ team offer?
• You’ll benefit from the experience, knowledge and contacts that the Bayleys’ team brings to the collaborative table
• all the hard work is done for you – initial meetings with architects, structural, mechanical, electrical and civil design consultants will allow you to establish your design criteria and objectives, then you’ll simply need to review and refine the intermediate plans until the final design exactly meets your requirements
• upfront planning using our specialists can save you so much time – let our team do the running about for you
• you’ll know what to expect budget-wise pretty early in the piece meaning you can get on with sorting the financial side of the equation with a good degree of certainty
To streamline the process in order to minimise disruption to your business Bayleys suggests:
• you factor in 12-18 months as a lead-in time for any new design-build project
• consider your budget carefully
• be clear about your business goals for the medium to long term and work out what your ideal property would look like and how it would be configured
• think about how your business sector is changing and evolving and consider how this will ultimately impact your property needs
Read more market insights from Workplace
Subscribe to receive the latest commercial news and insights from Bayleys Workplace